Josie Maran Organic Argan Oil Moisturizer is a source of antioxidants, Vitamin E and essential fatty acids and nourishes and protects the skin and hair. The Argan Cleansing Oil is a 3-in-1 product that can be used for cleansing the skin, makeup removal and as a moisturizing treatment.
Argan Oil Moisturizer
Josie Maran Argan Oil Moisturizer is therapeutic oil with benefits for the skin and hair.• Ingredients: 100% Organic Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil
• Manufacturer: Josie Maran Cosmetics
• Price: $48, 1.7 fl oz, $96, 4 fl oz
• Paraben free
• No petrochemicals
• Fragrance free
• Cruelty Free (no testing on animals)
• Virgin first cold pressed
• Pricey, but it is 100% pure argan oil, not diluted with other oils.
Argan Cleansing Oil
Josie Maran’s Argan Cleansing Oil is a three-in-one product that can be used as a cleanser, makeup remover and an anti-aging moisturizing treatment. The natural cleanser restores skin’s natural moisture and pH balance while nourishing the skin cells by replenishing essential fatty acids.
• 80% certified organic
• Price: $62, 6 fl oz
• Organic Grape seed oil contains flavonoids that act as antioxidants against environmental damage and also supports maintenance of collagen and elastin for supple skin and also helps with skin tone.
• Organic Olive fruit oil contains vitamins E and A well known as an emollient, sufficiently moisturizing the skin as well as being anti-inflammatory.
• Sweet almond oil is emollient essential fatty acids, antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties and is great for softening the skin and evening skin tone.
• Grapefruit peel oil is full of antioxidants, is antiseptic, anti-inflammatoy, astringent and toning qualities, promotes collagen production and improves elasticity.
• Vitamin E (tocopherol) is an antioxidant that protects and heals the skin.
Pros: Same as above.
Cons: High price.
Josie Maran's argan oil was the first argan oil product to come to my attention (although I'm sure it has been an ingredient in natural hair care products I've used.) It is 100% organic argania spinosa kernel oil with a super-blast of antioxidants, essential fatty acids and nutrients. It has numerous uses. It can be used as a daily moisturizer that is light enough to use on the face, but can also be used as a body moisturizer. It can also be used as a bath oil, to condition and moisturize the cuticles, as a hair oil and for split ends, to smooth rough patches on the elbows, knees and feet, and is good for those with eczema, acne (it heals existing acne, helps reduce scarring and prevent new breakouts by controlling sebum production), reduce hyperpigmentation and protect against free radical damage.
There are no other ingredients listed on the Argan Oil Moisturizer, so it’s not diluted by any other oils or ingredients and it is imported from Morocco. The argan oil is also virgin first cold pressed, meaning that it is not heated over a certain temperature during processing to retain nutrients. First cold press is of higher quality than cold pressed. The oil was made with the first press of the argan nuts and virgin means that it was produced by physical means and no chemical treatment.
I typically use the oil on areas that need special care (I used the oil on my face when my cheeks developed dry patches during the winter). It is great for cuticle skin repair, for example, from too frequent hand washings to prevent germs during cold season.
The cleansing oil has a nice, pleasant and refreshing grapefruit scent. Both products have a high price, but a little goes a long way and as stated earlier, the Argan Oil Moisturizer and Cleansing Oil are also multi-purpose.
Using more natural products has actually made me notice a big difference in how my skin responds. Sans fragrance and chemicals, I find that I’m having less allergic reactions (like sneezing from synthetic fragrances) or itchiness from harsh chemicals.
I also like the fact that Josie Maran Cosmetics is an eco-beauty company (it has the tag line Luxury With a Conscience), but it has more than just containers that are biodegradable and recyclable. This is great, but the company also partners with women-empowering organizations worldwide. The argan oil is sourced from women-owned cooperatives in rural Morocco, providing a steady income, fair wages, as well as literacy and educational programs.