The Bottom Line
This hydrating face serum contains a special complex to pull essential moisture in and lock it there for skin that feels like satin.
- The serum delivers hydration to dry skin and locks moisture in skin cells.
- Good for normal to dry, mature and sensitive skin types.
- Helps protect against environmental damage and excessive UV exposure.
- Expensive, but worth it.
- Manufacturer – Kate Somerville Skin Care
- Size: 1 ounce
- Suggested retail price: $65
- Described as a moisture-locking treatment that delivers a luminous glow. The serum moisturizes skin and protects against photoaging and regenerates tissue to promote firmness and elasticity for youthful, healthy and fresher looking skin.
- Ingredients – HSC Complex to deliver intense hydration while counteracting environmental stressors; wheat germ oil, with a concentrated dose of vitamins E, B1, B2, B3, B6, phosphorous, zinc and iron to sooth irritated skin and increase firmness; RetiStar, an advanced and stabilized form of vitamin A to counteract aging for a more youthful appearance and lipids to help improve elasticity.
- Usage – Apply one pump on the face and neck twice daily, in the morning and evening. It can be used alone or under moisturizer.
Guide Review – Review of Quench Hydrating Face Serum
I had a wow moment when I tried Quench for the first time. My skin instantly felt silky smooth, and I loved the way the product felt as I applied it to my face, giving it a subtle glossy glow. I’m sure this is because of the silicones in the formulation - dimethiconol, an emollient that gives the glossy look to the skin and makes it feel smooth and silky while forming a protective barrier and filling in lines and wrinkles, and dimethicone protects the skin from transdermal water loss (TEWL). Black skin has a higher rate of TEWL because the stratum corneum (outermost layer of the skin) is made of more layers. After using the product, I definitely saw improvement in skin texture and complexion.
Also read my review of ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment, which you can use to cleanse and prepare the face for the hydrating serum.