CoverGirl spokesperson and Modern Family star Sofia Vergara attended the Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in honor of the annual opening of the Met’s fashion exhibit Schiaparelli and Prada.
Here’s how to get Sofia’s look, as applied by celebrity makeup artist Kayleen McAdams:
For the Face
CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg
CoverGirl TRUconceal Concealer in #4
CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder in Soft Honey
CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Plum Plush
1. Kayleen applied CoverGirl NatureLuxe Silk Foundation in Nutmeg all over Sofia’s face using a blender sponge.
2. She then used CoverGirl TRUconceal Concealer in #4 just where needed under the eyes and around the nose to keep the makeup sheer.
3. To set the look, Kayleen used a large fluffy brush to apply CoverGirl Clean Pressed Powder in Soft Honey.
4. CoverGirl Cheekers Blush in Plum Plush was applied to the cheeks to complement her lips.
For the Eyes
CoverGirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Truffle
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Swiss Chocolate
CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Mink
CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara in Very Black
5. Kayleen wanted to create a softer eye that was lighter than usual on Sofia, so she applied CoverGirl Queen Collection Vivid Impact Eyeliner in Truffle along the bottom lashes from the outer corners to the very inner corners.
6. A lighter line was applied along the lash line at the top to create dimension.
7. Next she applied CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Swiss Chocolate on top of the liner on the lid to create a softer effect.
8. This was followed with CoverGirl Eye Enhancers 1-Kit Shadows in Mink along the brow bone.
9. Two coats of CoverGirl LashBlast 24HR Mascara in Very Black swept onto the top and bottom lashes finished the eyes.
See how Kayleen created Sofia Vergara's 2012 Oscars red carpet look.
For the Lips
CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved
CoverGirl Queen Collection Lip Color in Regal Raspberry
10. For Sofia's lovely bright lip, Kayleen first lined the lips with CoverGirl LipPerfection Lipliner in Beloved. She then filled in the lips with CoverGirl Queen Collection Lip Color in Regal Raspberry, using a lip brush to contour and create dimension. Regal Raspberry is a grape/pink hue inspired by the Marchesa collection and one of Sofia's favorite shades. "We knew we wanted to use a grapey-pink lip color to make Sofia’s lips stand out," says Kayleen, "but we had to play around with three different shades of purple before choosing the one she’s seen wearing."
Read this review for more information on the CoverGirl Queen Collection.