Makeup Tips, Trends & How-To's for Women of Color
With such a wide array of skin tones found in multicultural women, it's difficult to find the right shade. There's no one palette-fits-all solution. Don't despair. This is the place where you'll find makeup advice, product reviews, how-to's and tricks especially for you.
Do you know where to find and then choose the right shades for you? What’s the perfect makeup tool to use? Get makeup application tips and more.
- Shimmer Makeup and Skin Tone
- Summer Makeup Tips for Women of Color
- Summer Makeup Trends for Multicultural Women
- Timeless Fall Makeup Tips for Indian Women
- How to Avoid Using Tainted Makeup
- Halloween Makeup & Face Paint Tips
- 3 Gorgeous Latina Makeup Looks
- The Natural Look: Bare Doesn't Mean Boring
- When Should You Toss Your Makeup?
- Extend the Life of Your Makeup
- Tips for Long Lasting Makeup
- How to Use Sunscreen When Wearing Makeup
- How to Determine Your Skin’s Undertone
- How to Use Your Skin Tone to Look Great
- Do-It-Yourself Bridal Makeup Tips for Women of Color
- Bridal Makeup Tips for Women of Color
Foundations, Pressed Powders & Concealers
Find the right foundation for your skin tone. Find articles on foundations and powders for oily skin. Which concealers work and how do you apply them? Find out about foundations, powders, concealers and primers here.
- Top 10 Black Beauty Products
- Top 8 Products to Cover Up Hyperpigmentation
- Mineral Makeup: Liquid Vs Powder
- How to Match Foundation to Skin Tone
There are many poetic quotes about the importance and beauty of the eyes. Our eyes are probably the most important aspect of our face. Eyes can be expressive and here are eye makeup tips, advice and how-to’s to help your eyes make the right statement.
- Asian Eye Makeup Step-By-Step Tutorial
- Ocean Eyes: How to Wear Blue Eyeshadow
- 20 Makeup Tips for Contact Lens Wearers
- 5 Top Fall Eye Makeup Looks
- Spring and Summer 2013 Makeup Trends: The Eyes
- How to Wear Rainbow Eye Shadow
- Do I Need to Use an Eye Shadow Primer?
- 10 Ways to Wear Emerald Green
- How to Safely Remove Eye Makeup
- Tips for Using White Shadow and Liner
Lipstick & Lip Tips
How to care for your lips and find the best lipstick shades.
- Hot Lips Quick Tips
- How to Create Romantic, Kissable Lips
- How to Pick the Best Red Lipstick for Your Skin Tone
- How to Choose the Right Pink Lipstick for Your Skin Tone
- How to Wear Dark Lipstick
- How to Pick the Right Orange Lipstick
- How to Wear Bright or Neon Orange Lipstick
How do you get the latest look of the season? What are the latest makeup trends and should you really try them? Get makeup ideas from current and past seasons.
- Spring and Summer Makeup 2012: A Sneak Peek
- Spring and Summer Makeup Trends
- The Best Spring & Summer Makeup Trends
- Spring/Summer Makeup Trends 2013
- 7 Hot Beauty Looks for Fall
- The Best Beauty Trends of 2012
- The 12 Worst Beauty Looks of 2012
- Fall and Winter Makeup Trends 2012-2013
- Spring and Summer Makeup Trends 2013
- Mercedes-Benz China Fashion Week: Featuring MGPIN
Red Carpet Makeup
Some of the best (and worst) looks from the red carpet.
- Makeup at the 2012 Oscars
- Celebrities in the Pink (Lipstick!)
- Celebrities in Purple Lipstick: Would You Try This Trend?
- Michelle Obama: A Look at the First Lady's Makeup (2009-2012)
- Best Beauty Trends at the 2013 Golden Globe Awards
- Minaj Makeup Slideshow: Nicki's Top Makeup Looks (2011-2013)
- Nicki Minaj Flashback
- Pictures of Celebrities in Bindis
- Top Looks from the 2013 Met Gala
- Kerry Washington: Top Red Carpet Looks
- Kerry Washington: The Early Years
- Kerry Washington’s Emmy Makeup
- Ashley Madekwe: Top Red Carpet Makeup Looks
- Celebrity Beauty at the 2013 American Music Awards
- Beauty Trends at the 2013 Soul Train Music Awards
- Naya Rivera's Red Carpet Looks
- Top Makeup Trends at the 2014 Golden Globe Awards
- Beauty Looks at the 2014 Oscars
- Lupita Nyong'o: Best Red Carpet Makeup Looks
Get the Look
Get inspiration from and learn how to recreate makeup and beauty looks of your favorite celebrities.
- Want Selena Gomez’s Classic and Clean Look?
- Get Selena Gomez's Fresh & Flawless Red Carpet Look
- Get Freida Pinto's Red Carpet Look
- Get Paula Patton's Red Carpet Look
- Latina Actresses at the Oscars: Get Their Red Carpet Look
- Get Sofia Vergara's Red Carpet Look from the Metropolitan Gala
- Get Actress Kerry Washington's Look from the Golden Globes
- Get Sofia Vergara’s Golden Globes Red Carpet Look
- Get the Look: Beyonce at the Presidential Inauguration
- Ana Ortiz’s Makeup from the ALMA Awards
- Get Queen Latifah's Makeup Look in 10 Simple Steps
- Sofia Vergara's Step-By-Step Golden Globe Makeup Tutorial
- Get Camila Alves' Oscars Red Carpet Makeup Look
- How to Get Gugu Mbatha-Raw's Glowing Skin
Makeup Collections & Product Line Reviews
Want to know more about makeup lines and collections and how the shades will look on your skin tone? Are they long lasting? How do they feel? What ingredients are used? Do they cover skin imperfections? Are they safe for sensitive or acne-prone skin? Find out the details here.
- Motives For La La Cosmetics
- Ferro Cosmetics
- CoverGirl Queen Collection
- Fashion Fair Siren Call
- Lancome Paris Makeup
- Mud Fall Elements Makeup Collection
- Skinn Cosmetics Color Affair Gala Collection
- Essence Cosmetics Waterproof & Long Lasting Makeup
- Too Faced Product Line
- Jemma Kidd Makeup School
Here's more on individual foundations, concealers, press powders, bronzers and other makeup products.
- Avon Extralasting Liquid Foundation SPF 12
- Maybelline Fit Me! Foundation
- Maybelline Fit Me! Pressed Powder
- Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer
- Maybelline Fit Me! Blush
- Maybelline Fit Me! Bronzer