Info, Tips, Advice, Treatments and Skin Care Regimens for Skin of Color
Certain skin care basics are relatively universal, but multicultural women have specific concerns that aren’t always adequately addressed, even by some skin care professionals. Here you’ll find solutions, tips, advice, plus skin care treatments and regimens geared toward your special needs.
- Healthy Skin of Color: Problems & Solutions
- Sun Care Tips for Women of Color
- Do-It-Yourself Skin Care Treatments & Recipes
Healthy Skin of Color: Problems & Solutions
While all human skin is basically the same, skin of color has cellular and structural differences that make it more sensitive and reactive. The sun, certain skin conditions, beauty treatments and other factors can lead to skin discolorations, keloid scars and other problems. Our skin is delicate and has special needs. Learn how to handle it with care.
- How to Get Rid of Dark Pores on the Legs
- Hyperpigmentation Treatment for Skin of Color
- Hyperpigmentation in Skin of Color
- White Age Spots (Hypopigmentation)
- Reader Q&A: Why Do I Have White Spots On My Skin?
- What Is Eczema? How Does It Appear on Skin of Color?
- Beauty & Skin Care Tips for Pregnant Women
- Diabetes and Skin Care
- Acne and Skin of Color
- Banish Summer Breakouts
Sun Care Tips for Women of Color
Thanks to increased amounts of melanin in your skin, as a woman of color you have an advantage when it comes to sun damage protection because you have a built-in SPF. That doesn’t mean you don’t have to take precautions to protect your skin from UV rays. Here are important facts and information about sun care, sun damage risks, sunscreen and other sun protection products, and advice and tips that every woman of color should know.
- Sun Safety Tips for Women of Color
- Sun Protection Tips for Asian Women
- 4 Reasons Why Latinas Need Sunscreen
- Quiz: How Much Do You Know About Sun Safety for Skin of Color?
- Is Your Sunscreen Really Protecting You?
- What You Should Look for in a Sunscreen
- How to Use Sunscreen When Wearing Makeup
- 4 Top Products for Sun Protection
Do-It-Yourself Skin Care Treatments & Recipes
Cleopatra was a do-it-yourself beauty queen. Our ancestors’ beauty regimens utilized pure and simple ingredients that really worked. Read about natural ingredients and try these beauty recipes and at-home treatments you can do yourself.
- Cranberry Anti-Aging Face Mask
- Homemade Hydrating Face Serum
- Juice Recipes for Clear & Smooth Skin
- Papaya & Pumpkin Exfoliating Facial Mask