Advanced Mineral Makeup is a 100% vegan (meaning ingredients aren’t derived from animals or created through animal testing) mineral makeup line created by TV, film and print ad makeup artist Annie Mayo. The makeup is free of parabens, fillers and fragrance.
- Advanced Mineral Makeup claims that the Liquid Mineral Foundation “boosts the natural function of skin by stimulating cell growth to rejuvenate tired skin.”
- Price: 1 fl oz, $44
- 7 Shades: Cream Puff, Creme Brulee, Ginger Snap, Praline, French Toast, Caramel, Toffee
- Non-comedogenic and oil-free
- Contains anti-inflammatory ingredients, making it less likely to irritate sensitive or acne and rosacea-prone skin in comparison to conventional makeup
- No perfume, dyes or preservatives
- Not enough shades for darker skin tones
The Liquid Mineral Foundation provides lightweight, fairly decent coverage and dries to a long-lasting semi-matte finish. For those who like more coverage, the foundation is buildable, though some users might find that it doesn't provide enough for areas that need major concealing. It is a great foundation for summer months or warmer climates.
The foundation contains titanium dioxide as a natural sunscreen, antioxidants, vitamins A& E and rosemary (rosemary oil is an anti-aging ingredient that tones and firms the skin and reduces excess oil). The first ingredients listed are aloe bardadenis (aloe vera) juice and simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil, both good for soothing inflamed or irritated skin, which is why it’s beneficial for sensitive skin types and those with rosacea or acne-prone skin.
I tested Toffee, which is the darkest shade. It looked like it was blending in well, but as it turns out, it was too light, giving me a slightly ashy look. Too bad, because the Liquid Mineral Foundation really feels great on the skin.